November 21, 2012

Eclipse : JS validator error on minified javascript files

Eclipse was giving me errors on minified javascript files located in my theme plugin.
There's a configuration in the Windows / Preferences / Validator menu to exclude some files from the validator scope, but it's not that natural, so I'll write it down here 

You'll have to go to this menu



Then click on the settings button in the last column.


From there you can add an exclude group, and then add some exclusion rules





The thing here is that I was working with Liferay plugin SDK, so my javascript file to exclude was located outside of my workspace.

But even if the Browse button doesn't seem to work when you try to pick a resource outside of your eclipse workspace, you can put a relative path in the text field.

Hope this help.

No comments:

Post a Comment