June 02, 2013

ATI Radeon 2600 drivers on Ubuntu 12.04.02 with 3.5.0-32 kernel

I just spent a few hour trying to install proprietary drivers on my (old) laptop for my (old) graphic card.
If the following configuration talks to you, then I might help you :-)

- Ubuntu 12.04.02
- Kernel version 3.5.0-32-generic
- ATI Radeon 2600 graphic card

Since the last kernel update, unable to install Catalyst 13.1 drivers. dpkg creation is successful, but when trying to install those dpkg I am getting a bad exception when fglrx is installing.

Error! Bad return status for module build on kernel: 3.5.

DKMS part of installation failed. Please refer to /usr/share/ati/fglrx-install.log for details

Same result with the graphic installer of course.

After a while I found some 13.4 Catalyst drivers. Installation goes smoothier, but in the end...

aticonfig: No supported adapters detected 

Arrrgh ! They dropped support for 2600 series in this version !

Only solution that worked for me :
https://launchpad.net/~makson96/+archive/fglrx

Hope this help !

No comments:

Post a Comment